I love corn! It is the one vegetable I always look forward to enjoying as I wake my grill from its hibernation for the upcoming summer season. I usually like to marinate corn and grill them wrapped in foil, but this time around I am much more drawn to the simplicity of cooking them with what Mother Nature has already provided. The end result: easier prep, literally no extra cleanup or waste, and corn that is still delicious!
Equipment Needed: Grill, or Stove-Top Grill Pan
Corn, whole ears with husks intact
1. Pull back the husks on the ears of corn, but do not remove them. Remove and discard the silk. Fold the husks back over the corn, twisting at the tip to help hold together.
2. Place onto a preheated grill (hot side of outdoor grill, or over medium-high heat if indoors) and cook until the husks show charred “kernel” markings, about 5 mins per side, on four sides.
3. Peel off husks, serve with butter if desired.
4. Wasn’t that easy? Now go eat!
* For super juicy corn, brine prepared ears of corn in a mild solution of salted water with sugar for 15 minutes before grilling. The extra moisture will steam the corn while it grills.
* If grilling indoors, be sure to turn that fan on! The husks will smoke. ALOT!
Thanks for the Article, its my first time visiting your page and must say it is very interesting hope to check back soon.