Equipment needed: Ice Cream Maker
1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice (about 2 or 3 grapefruits)
1 cups sugar
1 cup water
zest of a lemon, finely grated (optional)
1. Make a Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar into the water, bring to a boil, and then allow to cool.
2. Juice the grapefruits, then pass the juice through a strainer to remove any excess pulp.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the juice and simple syrup (and the lemon zest if using). Refrigerate until well chilled, then freeze in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer directions.
4. Wasn’t that easy? Now go eat!
* Don’t like grapefruit? You can substitute in the juice of any fruit for this recipe.