When it comes to toppings and condiments, nothing beats a good dollop of this airy, dairy delight. It is fresh and light, and sweet with a kiss of vanilla. If only it paired well with savory dishes… I’d put whipped cream on those too!
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Beat the whipping cream in a large bowl with a wire whisk by hand, or an electric mixer with the whisk attachment until soft peaks begin to form.
2. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then resume beating until firm peaks are formed. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Wasn’t that easy? Now go enjoy!
* Don’t over beat the cream. It will become thick, lumpy, and butter-like.
Pingback: It's National Blueberry Month - Aunt Ruth's Blueberry Cake | Fifty is the New Fifty