Here, I’ve assembled a burger using a large heirloom tomato and fried egg instead of a meat patty. And you know what? It was delicious!
– burger bun
– 1 large heirloom tomato
– 1 egg
– spinach leaves (or whichever greens you prefer)
– salt and pepper
1. Fry the egg in a lightly greased skillet, season to taste with salt and pepper. Toast the hamburger buns.
2. Cut the heirloom tomato crosswise into “patties,” about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Assemble the burger: spread some mayonnaise onto each bun, then layer the egg, one or two tomato slices, and the spinach. Top off with the other bun.
4. Wasn’t that easy? Now go eat!