Brownies are one of the simpler sweets to bake. These buttery treats are deliciously fudgy and chewy in the center with a crisp flaky top layer. They also don’t require too much preparation or finesse. And if when you cut into them and they look like a big crumbly mess? They will still taste just as good going into your belly. If there is one thing that I love about baking these, it is the sweet aroma that comes out of the oven and permeates into every nook of the house.
1 cup chocolate chips, melted
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line with parchment a 9 x 12 inch baking pan. In a medium sauce pan over medium/low heat, melt the chocolate and butter. Remove from heat.
2. Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs to the melted chocolate mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Stir in the flour and salt until just combined. Pour mixture into greased baking pan.
4. Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes. Do not over-bake.
5. Wasn’t that easy? Now go eat!
* For a more decadent treat, use chocolate truffles or any other better quality chocolate instead of the standard chocolate chip.